MENU
  • Blog >
  • Why “Feeling Good” Is Not a Measure of Health
RSS Feed

Why “Feeling Good” Is Not a Measure of Health

We often hear it: “I’m not feeling any pain. I feel good. I don’t need to see a Chiropractor.” A very important concept is that BEING HEALTHY IS NOT BASED ON A LACK OF PAIN. Although Chiropractic has proven to be very effective in helping with back and neck pain, the benefits of Chiropractic extend far beyond the realm of pain. Regular Chiropractic adjustments have proven to be beneficial for overall health and wellness. 


It’s a common misconception that a body void of pain is in great health. In order to best understand this concept, we need to go back to the basis. The foundation of our internal communication and basically our “life source” is the NERVOUS SYSTEM. We all know that the brain controls all function and healing in the body, and does so through this communication system by sending information through the spinal cord and nerves that travel to the very depths of your body. Most importantly, the brain gets feedback from all the cells in your body through this information loop in order to know how the body is performing and adjusts accordingly. Out of all the communication that comes through the nervous system, only 11% of the information is in regards to pain perception. That means the remaining 89% is responsible for a lot of other important functions, meaning pain is only a small portion of the feedback your body processes. So a lack of pain signals only represents a small part of your health.  


Even if you’re engage in regular physical activity and practice great nutrition on a regular basis, these are all just pieces of health that can be measured. Alongside a lack of pain, these are not a representation of health on their own. Health is about a properly functioning system. This is why there is a huge benefit in seeing a Chiropractor! As long as you have a spine and a nervous system, Chiropractic adjustments can help support a healthy body by correcting and maintaining proper spinal movement. 90% of the brain’s stimulation and nutrition comes from the proper movement of the spine. This means a spine in misalignment is not allowing you to tap into the potential for function and healing, thus a lack of health. And all of this regardless of whether you exercise or eat right. To have a good idea of where your health is really at, with or without pain, your Mississauga Chiropractor is equipped to assess and understand where you’re at right now, and give you the proper strategies to get you healthier. You deserve to be at your best!


If you’d like to reach out to us, contact us at (905)821-4951.  

CONTACT US TODAY

We look forward to hearing from you

Locations

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Mississauga Office

Monday:

7:30AM

7:00PM

Tuesday:

8:30AM

7:00PM

Wednesday:

7:30AM

7:00PM

Thursday:

8:30AM

7:00PM

Friday:

7:30AM

7:00PM

Saturday:

8:30AM

12:30PM

Sunday:

Closed

Closed